Thursday, August 10, 2017

"WHAT REMAINS"

I had never heard of Carole Radziwill before I saw her on The Real Housewives Of New York.  Never knew she was married to John Kennedy's cousin.  Never knew she was a Princess. Never read anything she wrote. Never even knew she was a writer.  But I liked her.  I liked Carole Radziwill.
She was real.  And it was only from watching that I found out her closest friend had been Johns wife Carolyn.  
So when her book "What Remains" came out I got it, and I read it. 
And while I may have started out envying Carole for having known and been such a good friend of Carolyn Kennedy,  I ended up envying  Carolyn Kennedy for having known, and been such a good friend of Carole Radziwill because this woman is the definition of strength and quiet dignity.
  She tells her story as it happened.  The whole story.  All the personal and sometimes painful details of a woman who, within weeks loses three people who meant the world to her.  Who were her world. 
What do you do when your life stops in mid live?

"What Remains" by Carole Radziwill   It's worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment